The DEFI Bible School is a short term program (3 or 6 months) that started in 2005 at Champfleuri. It is part of Torchbearers International which is a Christian organization with more than 25 Bible schools in more than 19 countries world-wide. Students come to DÉFI from all over the world and are generally between the age of 18 and 30 years old.
The goal of the DEFI Bible School is that the students be encouraged in their identity in Christ and transformed by the presence of God, through biblical teaching and by practical application. The goal is also for students to be equiped for service in the Church. Our 4 key words are: STUDY, LIVE, GROW, SERVE.
The syllabus of the school follows the model of Torchbearers International. The classes are in French taught by pastors, missionaries, and teachers (more information). We believe that the essential elements of this training are the deepening of biblical knowledge, building lasting relationships and serving with one’s gifts.
This school is a unique occasion to grow in one’s relationship with the Lord, to learn to know one’s self and to anchor one’s identity in Jesus Christ. It is a true school for life.
We are a 25-minute walk (5 minutes by car) from a supermarket. In the village, there is also a pharmacy, a bakery, an atm and a post office.
Married to Gudrun and father to 4 incredible kids, Damien was born in Texas, USA and has lived in Europe since 1993. He is passoinate about teaching the Word of God. He is the director of the DEFI Bible School as well as the director of the Champfleuri retreat center since 2007.
Buan is a french-american married to Theresa and father to Theo and Caleb. After having grown up in France, he returned to the states to get his Master’s in “Outdoor Ministry”. He is passionate about being in nature and prefers sleeping outsiee than inside!
Youth pastor from Marseille, France, Jean-Jacques loves playing all kinds of games, laughing and making others laugh. With his wife, Gaby, they do all kinds of activities year-round for children from 6 to 10 years of age.
American-born, Allan arrived in France as a missionary with his wife, Cindy in 1992. Allan is passionate about skiing and making music.. He accompanies the students on the slopes, leads worship, but it’s also to him that we go when we have computer problems!
Laetitia did the DEFI Bible School as a student and her missionary desires brought her back to serve at Champfleuri as a mentor for the students, a secretary for the Bible School and as a French teacher for the foreign students.
DEFI Team / Accountant
Married to Damien, Gudrun comes from Austria, but did her theological studies at the European Bible Institute near Paris. Since 2001, she has been in charge of the accounting, but also takes time for the female students, as well as preparing meals at the center when she isn’t taking care of her 4 children.
Willian comes from Brazil with his wife and two children. He has already had many experiences as a cook and even worked on a cruise ship as a cook. He is an avid soccer player.
Our mission is to proclaim the transforming presence of Jesus Christ through biblical teaching and practical training, equipping men and women for service in His church worldwide.
- God is the triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- The Lord Jesus Christ is God’s Son being one with the Father. All things are created by Him and for Him.
- Through the action of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, He became man.
- He was without sin and of His free will, and by His sacrificial death upon the Cross, He brought about salvation for this fallen world.
- He is the only mediator between God and man, and by accepting His salvation through faith, man is justified from his sins and receives forgiveness and eternal life.
- Jesus Christ is risen bodily from the dead.
- Jesus Christ will return to deliver just judgement and to bring all things to completion.
- The Holy Spirit is God in unity with the Father and the Son.
- Through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ comes to dwell within those who accept Him through faith.
- Through the presence of the Holy Spirit, a person becomes a new creature, and is being transformed into the likeness of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ adds those who believe in Him to his Body. This is His church on earth, of which He is the Head.
- The Bible is, in its entirety, the revelation of God for mankind, inspired by the Holy Spirit.